1. Ordinary speech permits many sounds.
2. An entire sentence is used, and repeated.
3. All writing, whether we are reading a newspaper or reading a poem, is a series of repetitions.
4. Writers repeat the same thought pattern over and over again to allow the meaning to sink in.
5. Compression in poetry stems from deletions.
6. We do not use the same words over and over again.
7. We realize how meaning can be repeated using fewer words with less letters.
8. Other uses of poetic grammar are: disjunction, repetition, syntax and speech.